Monday, October 1, 2012

Are you prepared for cold weather riding.

As the cold weather approaches in New England many cyclist start riding on their indoor trainers, joining gym's and working with trainers to help keep them in the best possible shape over the holidays and winter. I prefer less indoor trainer miles and more cold, wet, miserable rides outdoors, here are some tips if you want to be crazy like me.

You can't go wrong with Hi Viz and Pink shoe covers.

Some key factors to keeping warm on cold rides are:
1. Leg warmers, These are nice because if you begin to get warm during your ride they are easy to remove.

2. Florescent colors, as you can see in this awesome photo of me, I'm rocking the Florescent wind breaker.

3. Shoe covers, No one likes cold feet, The pink Shoe covers in this photo are from Zimco ($9.99 on ebay)

 4. Arm warmers, they can be removed at anytime just like your leg warmers and they help keep you warm!

5. I try to always plan my routes on colder days so I can stop for a cup of coffee and a doughnut or three.
Riding with arm warmers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment